Psybergate is an IT company that develops customized software solutions and provides specialized resources for customer projects.
We are seeking a Senior DevOps Engineer for our financial services client based in Centurion for a 12 month contract role.
What you will do:
- Responsible for implementing, maintaining, enabling and facilitating DevOps practices and optimizing the architecture and processes of the product and platforms required to achieve business goals.
- Implement and maintain the infrastructure required to implement DevOps practices.
- Enable automated deployment of applications and configurations.
- Enable automatic monitoring and notification.
- Enable automated end-to-end testing.
- Enable continuous release processes, practices, and pipelines.
- Enable change management and review requirements for release pipelines.
- Interest in designing, analyzing and troubleshooting large distributed systems.
- Systematic solution.
- Open communication skills and a sense of ownership and drive.
- Ability to debug and optimize code and automate routine tasks.
- Scale systems sustainably through mechanisms such as user-friendly tools and automation.
- Practice sustained incident response and drive root cause analysis.
what we are looking for:
- Completed BSc / IT degree or related disciplines.
- 2 years of experience as a Site Reliability Engineer or similar role enabling DevOps practices.
- 3 years of experience as a software engineer or Java or developer middleware administrator.
Which technologies will you use:
- Operating systems: Linux (*nix) Administration.
- IAM, SSM, Route53, load balancers, AWS databases.
- Monitoring and alerting tools: Alerta, Selenium, Prometheus, InfluxDB, Elastic Stack.
- Application servers: Node.js, nginx, springboot, tomcat.
- Databases and tools: MongoDB, Mongo Ops Manager, DB2, Flyway, postgresql.
- Kubernetes: EKS cluster management, service mesh, application delivery, monitoring and troubleshooting.
- Docker: Nginx, Consul, docker-compose, cli.
- Automation: Cloud Formation, Terraform, Boto3, Ansible.
- Structure: Gitlab, Nexus, Jenkins.
Please note that if you do not hear from us within 3 weeks, your application will be considered unsuccessful.
Please note that most of our positions are remote, however candidates should live within driving distance as the circumstances of the opportunity are subject to change
- Node JS
- jumping boat