The second international workshop on high performance business computing and the GOR-B conference on business informatics will take place on Friday, June 25th, virtually and free of charge. You can register here: https://events.uni-paderborn.de/e/hpbc2021
The workshop focuses on the design, implementation, computational evaluation and application of parallel algorithms in modern HPC (high performance computing) environments to solve problems in business-oriented areas including management science, operational research, data analysis, business administration and economics.
The workshop program consists of invited presentations and presentations – the call for submissions can be found below.
The following speakers have been confirmed for the workshop:
- Prof. Dr. Christian Plessl (University of Paderborn): Welcome address
- Prof. Dr. Kevin Tierney (Uni Bielefeld): Neural large neighborhood search for vehicle route problems
- Dr. Utz-Uwe Haus (Cray EMEA Research Labs): High-performance computing on the edge of business
- Prof. Dr. Lars Mönch (FernUni Hagen): Experimental environment for planning the semiconductor supply chain based on distributed computer technologies
- Dr. rer.pol Wilmjakob Herlyn (Ostfalia – University of Applied Sciences): The concept of the ‘Digital Control Twin’ – affects the functional mode and the performance requirements of future ERP systems
- Frank Devai PhD (University of London South Bank, Hungarian Academy of Sciences): Amdahl’s Law and the Gordon Bell Prize
- Prof. Dr. Eyke Hüllermeier (Ludwig Maximilians University Munich): Automated machine learning: selection / configuration of algorithms
The organizers of the conference invite contributions on solving computational and business-oriented problems in a variety of application areas, including but not limited to transportation, transportation, logistics, manufacturing, finance, marketing, energy, health and social networks.
Send inquiries, submissions (title and abstract with a maximum length of 400 words) and registrations to hpbc2021 (at) campus.uni-paderborn (dot) de.
Submission of abstracts: May 28, 2021
Declaration of acceptance: June 4th, 2021
Registration deadline: June 18, 2021
- There are no registration fees
- The Call for Papers is available here as a PDF file.
The workshop takes place digitally.
Prof. Dr. Guido Schryen (University of Paderborn)
Prof. Dr. Christian Plessl (University of Paderborn)
Prof. Dr. Oliver Müller (University of Paderborn)
Prof. Dr. Natalia Kliewer (Free University of Berlin)
Prof. Dr. Ralf Borndörfer (Zuse Institute Berlin)