Apple has announced a major overhaul of their iPhone, with iOS 16 giving your lock screen a whole new look and function.
Today was another big announcement day for Apple. Among other things, they announced a major overhaul of the iPhone with iOS 16, a new MacBook Air and a slew of new software features across all Apple platforms.
Apple announced the new software and hardware elements at the keynote that opened the annual Worldwide Developers Conference (WWDC) in California this week.
We’ll go into (much) more detail below, but here’s the quick recap of the main announcements:
- A dramatic overhaul of iOS is imminent iOS 16;
- New Lock screen editing and widgets makes your iPhone more customizable than ever;
- Apple wallet gets an improvement with a new Apple Pay Later payment split feature (similar to PayPal’s Pay in Four feature);
- cards gets a major upgrade with multi-stop functionality and Siri revisions on the fly;
- A new Security check function allows people to disable access to certain features of their phone in an emergency (eg, escaping an abusive relationship);
- CarPlay will revolutionize cars in the very near future with a cool new full dashboard system;
- New MacBook Air with a whole new one M2 chipand cool colors are coming, and it’s thinner and lighter than ever;
- macOS Ventura is coming and bringing an amazing new multitasking tool called stage manager along with him;
- continuity between all your Apple devices gets a huge upgrade;
- iPad Users have a variety of new features to work with and…
- To play gets a massive upgrade on Mac systems.
All releases are coming this fall, but Apple hasn’t given a specific launch date yet. But here’s a closer look at all of the announcements.