BOSTON–(BUSINESS WIRE) – Immuta, the leading provider of universal cloud data access control, today announced it has been named a Leader in the GigaOm Radar Report for Data Governance Solutions. The company is positioned in the Leader category as a “Fast Mover”, the most innovative and ahead of all other providers of data access control.
As more organizations seek to maximize the value of their data quickly and securely, the need for data access control and governance is a business imperative. In 2020, the data governance market was valued at $ 1.8 billion. By 2026, GigaOm predicts the number will climb to more than $ 5 billion.
“With the increasing attention to global privacy regulation in recent years, data governance has been seen as a mechanism to reduce risk and risk, ”said Andrew Brust, GigaOm analyst and author of the report. “Recently, however, there has been a repositioning of data governance as value based on the principle that better managed data creates even more business value. ”
The GigaOm radar report used key criteria, including a single-view control panel, audit and logging functions, data lineage functions, self-service approach and automated data classification, to provide a decision-making framework for IT executives to evaluate Create governance solutions.
Immuta was awarded for:
- Uniform platform, the fine-grained access control at column, row and cell level as well as native access support for Databricks, Snowflake, Amazon Redshift, Apache Spark, Trino, Starburst, Azure Synapse, Google BigQuery, Amazon S3, Azure Data Lake Storage Gen. offers 2 and Databricks-SQL.
- Easy to use interface, which provides an overall better user experience.
- Policy creation without code, making the solution accessible to all users, regardless of their level of technical knowledge. The platform also allows policies to be extended to other tools in the data stack so that data can be hidden, masked, blackened, and anonymized depending on the privilege level.
- Project workplaces, that enable data sharing and collaboration between users for specified purposes in order to restrict access to data and improve security.
- Dynamic attribute-based access control model, This helps optimize scalability and implementation time.
“Data governance is evolving as organizations keep pace with increasingly stringent regulatory requirements and growing volumes of sensitive data, ”said Matthew Carroll, CEO of Immuta. “There is a growing need for stronger data access control to protect data while allowing increased data usage. Immuta’s recognition as a leader is a testament to our position in the market and a reflection of our continued commitment to our customers. ”
This report follows recent GigaOm research which found that Immuta’s attribute-based access control required 75 times fewer policy changes and offered significant cost savings compared to competitive solutions.
For more information, see the full report here: GigaOm Radar Report for Data Governance Solutions.
Immuta is the market leader in cloud data access control and offers data engineering and operations teams a universal platform to control access to analytical data sets in the cloud. Only Immuta can automate access control for all data in every cloud service across the entire computing infrastructure. Data-driven organizations around the world rely on Immuta to accelerate data delivery, securely share more data with more users, and reduce the risk of data leaks and breaches. Immuta was founded in 2015 and is headquartered in Boston, MA.
For more information about Immuta, visit www.immuta.com and join the Immuta conversation on LinkedIn. Twitter, and YouTube.