Helvetas is a Swiss-based organization specializing in development cooperation and humanitarian aid. Our vision is a just world in which all people determine their path in life in dignity and security and use environmental resources sustainably.
Helvetas has been responding to the Ukraine crisis since March 2022. In Moldova, where she has been implementing an economic development program since 2018, she has established a largely cash-based aid program for refugees and host communities. The office will serve as an operational hub in support of operations within Ukraine conducted by local partner organizations.
To lead the development of the response program in Moldova, we are seeking as soon as possible (ideally mid-August/September 1, 2022) an experienced and agile humanitarian expert as Emergency Program Coordinator (F/M/D) 100% based in Chisinau, Moldova.
As a member of the Senior Management Team of the Helvetas Emergency Hub in Moldova, the Emergency Program Coordinator (EPC) contributes to the management and development of the Emergency Response Programme. Reporting to the Emergency Response Representative, the EPC has specific responsibility for managing and reporting on the implementation of the emergency program in accordance with donor proposals and for ensuring quality programming through technical assistance and effective monitoring and evaluation. If necessary, he/she represents Helvetas in dealings with relevant external stakeholders.
The position will be based in Chisinau with travel within Moldova and in the future possibly occasional travel to western Ukraine.
YOUR MAIN TASKS
- Ensure effective management of the program portfolio throughout the program cycle, including assessment, planning, monitoring and evaluation.
- Ensure donations and contractual commitments are honored, including timely reporting and donor engagement where required.
- Ensure procurement plans are in place for each project according to donor budgets and budget descriptions.
- Support the achievement of high standards related to M&E systems and support managers in the development of systems, data collection (including the use of digital devices), qualitative and quantitative data analysis, and the interpretation and verification of M&E results to ensure program quality to improve and to demonstrate the effect.
- Develop policies and approaches for internal program processes and train staff to ensure implementation in accordance with humanitarian principles and donor compliance.
- Design potential responses in line with multi-agency plans and Helvetas response strategy.
- Leading program development by drafting project concept notes and proposals.
- Help identify new funding opportunities.
Personnel Management & Development
- Lead and manage the program team and foster a participatory work culture and a sense of ownership
- Identify and address needs for technical and programmatic training of program staff and provide technical guidance on program implementation as needed
- Overseeing the program team’s compliance with Helvetas’ rules and regulations, including security protocols, anti-corruption and code of conduct.
- Attend all relevant cluster meetings and other program-related coordination groups in coordination with the Emergency Response Representative.
- Help organize visits from donors, media or other stakeholders.
- Act as the Emergency Officer during his/her absence.
- Act as a contact point for gender and/or protection and/or environmental mainstreaming.
- Any other duties that may be assigned by the Emergency Response Representative.
- At least 5 years of experience working in international humanitarian programs, including at least 2 years in management positions.
- Programming experience in the areas of resilience / livelihood programs & money transfers.
- Demonstrable experience managing multiple donor budgets simultaneously, including analysis, forecasting, monitoring and changes.
- Applied knowledge of PCM including program design and successful development of offers.
- In-depth knowledge of the humanitarian system and related interagency coordination processes.
- Proven leadership and management skills in a complex environment, ability to coach and support employees and foster team spirit.
- Strong representation, interpersonal and negotiation skills; excellent verbal and written communication skills in English.
- Empathy with the vision, mission and values of Helvetas.
- Excellent written and spoken English skills with proven experience in producing high quality proposals and reports in English
An international contract for a period of 8 months with the possibility of extension. Attractive working conditions and integration in a dynamic environment.
How to apply
We look forward to receiving your complete application with a letter of motivation, curriculum vitae, job references and diplomas by July 3, 2022. Please send your electronic application via our Online recruitment portal.